ART. 1 / T – CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION VEHICLES
In general, all 2 or 4 wheel vehicles defined by the FMS that meet the safety requirements specified below are admitted to the “RALLY PANAFRICA”.
All vehicles must be registered and have all the necessary and definitive documentation for their circulation.
“Proof” and provisional registration plates are prohibited.
All vehicles must comply with road traffic rules and safety requirements of the event.
ART. 2 / T – CATEGORIES and CLASSES
The 2018 edition includes 2 categories: Motorcycle and Quads
Classes for the MOTO category will be “RALLY” – “ENDURO” Classes for the QUAD category will be “RALLY” – “ENDURO” No cylinder limit for the categories.
ART. 3 / T – PILOT EQUIPMENT
Each competitor, in addition to the typical off-road protection, must be in possession of:
• homologated helmet with a sticker with the name / surname and blood group
• camel-bag, minimum capacity of 3 (three) liters.
• type of full back protection “safety jacket” (not accepted the “crossbody” of the motorcycle)
• neck brace or similar (not required but recommended)
This equipment will be checked during inspections and every morning before departure.
ART. 4 / T – VEHICLE
All mechanical parts of the vehicle must be in perfect condition and verified by the technical commissioner. All non-conforming vehicles will be denied departure.
Each vehicle must carry:
• deposit / s that allow to realize 120 kilometers + 10%
• approved tires
• trip master
• road book support
• STELLA III GPS installation
• installation of the tracking system
• water reserve of 2 (two) liters, firmly attached to the vehicle and accessible without the use of tools
• 2 (two) stickers that bear the name / surnames, blood type and the flag of your nation.
ART. 5 / T – ENDURO VEHICLE
Motorcycles that fall into the “ENDURO” category must:
• be produced in at least 30 copies
• keep the original line especially the mudguards, and the seat of the commercialized version
• remain as close as possible to the series (see the list of permitted changes)
ART. 5.1.T – MOTOR
The engine must be strictly standard, in particular the thermal part, alternator, starter and ignition system.
ART. 5.2.T – CHASSIS
No changes can be made to the chassis, in particular, structural changes such as changing the angle of inclination of the damping / steering.
ART. 5.3.T – SWINGER
No modification of the swingarm is allowed. The swingarm can be used to include the water reservoir.
ART. 5.4.T – TIRES
The tire’s marking and measurements remain free.
ART. 5.5.T – ALLOWED MODIFICATIONS
• installation of ‘steering damper
• Replacement of the tank by one of plastic, which is commercialized regularly and with a capacity not exceeding 15 liters.
• the installation of an additional radiator.
• footrest replacement or modification
• installation of a fixed support as support material and anchoring of navigation devices.
ART. 5.6.T – MODIFICATIONS NOT ALLOWED
• mounting of aluminum tanks, both front and rear
• replacement of shock absorbers (including cartridges)
• replacement of the carburetor
• replacement of the control unit and CDI
• modifications or replacement of the water radiator
• changes or modifications to the swingarm
• replacement of the exhaust pipe with a low model
• replacement of brake discs with larger diameter discs
• oil radiator assembly
• front fender “rally”
ART. 6 / T – RALLY VEHICLE
All vehicles that do not meet the “ENDURO” category are considered to be in the “RALLY” category.
ART. 7 / T – AUTONOMY
The minimum required is 120 km, in any terrain. 10% additional autonomy is required. The driver is solely responsible for the autonomy of his vehicle.
ART. 8 / T – LIGHTS
Requires an additional headlight on the rear fender.
The headlights and taillights will have to stay on throughout the rally. Any breach will result in a written warning. All competitors must have spare parts. The exit will not be authorized to the pilots of vehicles that do not comply with all the regulations.
ART. 9 / T – MEDICAL TEAM
Each driver must have a small medical first aid kit, including:
• eye drops (Piroftal or equivalent)
• analgesics (aspirin, analgesics or equivalent)
• gauze, bandages, assorted sterile dressings
• skin disinfectant (Betadine or equivalent)
ART. 10 / T – SURVIVAL MATERIAL
Each driver must carry the following material:
• a mirror
• a torch, possibly intermittent
• a compass
• an aluminum sheet of 2×1 meters
• a survival ration or energy bars
• a lighter
• a whistle
• satellite phone (recommended but not mandatory)
ART. 11 / T – TRACKING SYSTEM
Each competitor must have a STELLA III system mounted on the vehicle in his vehicle.
The rental of navigation equipment is NOT included in the registration fee. Support, antenna and power cable is not included.The material will be delivered directly to Erfoud
If the necessary security systems are lost / broken for any reason, the participant is solely responsible with the supplier company (DEPOSIT = 500.00).ART. 12 / T – TELEPHONES
Each competitor must be equipped with a GSM telephone with the option to call abroad and charge battery and credit for calls, or a satellite phone.
ART. 13 / T – IDENTIFICATION
The chassis of the vehicles will be signaled in the technical verifications and will be identifiable at all times. All welded parts surrounding the engine and steering column support are considered part of the chassis.
Only the marks made in the technical inspections will prevail.
Any vehicle that is found without them in the original place, chassis or other place will be immediately excluded from the rally.
The absence or falsification of an identification mark (punches, paint or lead, etc.) will result in the exclusion of the pilot’s career.
ART. 14 / T – COMPLAINTS
Claims must be submitted in accordance with the Disciplinary Code and Arbitration.
Complaints must be submitted in writing to the Race Director, on time, by the interested competitors and not by third parties.
Each complaint must refer to a single topic and must be accompanied by €. 120.00 –
Also in case of disassembly of the engine, a € deposit must be paid. 500.00 = for each engine.